Competitive Smallholder Livestock in Botswana: The project at a glance
- What are the characteristics of smallholder livestock producers in Botswana and what factors constrain their livelihoods?
- How can livestock-related marketing systems in Botswana be improved for the benefit of smallholders and the rural population?
- To better define smallholder livestock production systems and to identify the factors affecting the productivity of smallholder livestock producers and assess their competitiveness
- To understand and improve conditions for market participation and value addition in markets for livestock, livestock products and inputs
- To strengthen the capacity of agricultural education and extension
- Improved and more sustainable livelihoods among smallholder livestock keepers
- Increased uptake and use of scientific and economic knowledge by those providing services to smallholders
- Botswana Institute for Development Policy Analysis
- Botswana Ministry of Agriculture
- International Livestock Research Institute
Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
1 September 2012 to 31 August 2015